Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ouch

Well, I'm taking a day off today. My knee was sore before I even started stretching today, so I decided to take some Aleve, put a bag of frozen peas and carrots on it and take it easy. I think that I need to mix in some type of strength training, but it's difficult when you don't have any equipment. Dick's sporting goods just opened near us, so we stopped in to check it out the other night; I was looking at a set of those adjustable weight dumbbells and they were $350! Oh well, we've got no place to store them anyway.

I think that our next house is definitely going to have some space set aside that we can use as a "fitness center". It would be nice to be able to get a good workout and not have to leave the house or pay over-priced gym fees. The next best thing would be a gym at work, but that's not going to happen in our current facility. I doubt they'll put one in at our new facility either; even though it's the item most often inquired about/suggested. For some reason, leadership seems very reluctant to provide something like that. At the very least, I'm hoping for shower facilities. Then, I can maybe work in a run at lunch and perhaps also do some bike commuting.

No comments: