Monday, December 14, 2009

Another wonderful day of unemployment

Once again, here I sit searching for a job. Actually, here I sit posting about looking for a job; I did my job hunting earlier. I find encouragement in the fact that there do seem to be a goodly number of job listings for the IT field out there. Monster.com seems to have quite a few, and they're even in places where we'd be willing to live; which is handy. I'm coming to the conclusion that employers are using their online application process as a tool to weed out job seekers who aren't serious about wanting a job. You have to go through PAGES inputting information that's already contained in your resume and then at the end, they instruct you to not only copy and paste your resume into their form, they want you to upload a copy of it as well. It took me over 30 minutes today to apply for one position. Hopefully, it's time well spent. 


I'm really hoping that one of the jobs I'm applying for in the northeast pans out; I definitely need a change and believe that a move will bring about a fresh, clean slate. It will also be nice to be closer to our families. Jack needs to have better access to his cousins as well as his aunts and uncles. He also needs to see what it's like to have four actual seasons and what a real Christmas is like. As we speak, it's 81° outside. That's just insane... it's DECEMBER for crying out loud. Having some hills other than overpasses will also make for more enjoyable and interesting cycling and running. Fingers crossed.

No comments: