Thursday, March 15, 2007

O.K., so it took a day...

Dad used to say that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

I was determined to get up and ride yesterday, but the muscle relaxer that I took the night before had a different plan. I did however, get up today and do 3 miles (3.3 if we're being exact). It was a good run and I was relatively happy with my pace. I started out slow and was able to run negative splits rather easily; I didn't have any specific pace goals in mind when I started other than to make each mile faster than the last and I accomplished that. As a matter of fact, the last 1.3 miles was at 8:32. Certainly not fast by most standards, but a pretty good pace for me nonetheless.

On a non running related note, looks like we may actually have some decent movies this summer. 3 at least. The new TMNT movie is out soon, Transformers hits in July and I just saw the Underdog trailer the other day. I'm really hoping that they don't screw that one up, it would be really depressing. I used to love that cartoon as a kid. It would be ideal if the local drive in gets all 3 of them at some point, because I'm sure that Jack will love each of them, but I have no desire to take a 2 year old to the movie theater. I'm sure that my fellow movie-goers will thank me for that.

Getting ready for: 6th annual Bolt Run 5k in Downtown Tampa, 31 March 07

No comments: